ESSENTIALS 16" SILENT Chinchilla Exercise Wheel
IDEAL for: Chinchillas, Prairie Dogs, Squirrels, Rats & Sugar Gliders!
We have the BEST, safest, quietest Handmade Wheel on the market, the affordable alternative to expensive big chain wheels! <3
We are very proud of our Etsy Bestseller truly SILENT wheel, with our innovative and strong bearing mechanism design. It has withstood the test of time and we FULLY back our wheels 100%.
Our dedication to our small business, is how your wheel will go out in 1-2 weeks after purchase! Your satisfaction is always our #1 priority. <3
Pet Revolution® Wheel details:
1. Size: Wheel is 16" diameter with a textured running track just under 4". The 16" diameter is needed for the safety and health of their spines while running, for optimum outstretch like in nature. If you have a chinchilla, we do NOT recommend any wheel under 15" for this very reason. We also do not recommend a wheel for any chinchilla under 6 months of age.
2. The pan is made from Galvanized Steel. It is safe if your animal tries to chew it, unlike plastic. We have found that they may try to chew it once, then after no luck will give up on attempting to chew on it again. That is the beauty of a metal wheel vs plastic. Plastic wheels are extremely dangerous and toxic to chewing small animals and can lead to a Vet visit for internal blockages or death. We do not recommend any plastic in cages!
3. Has the minimal amount of space between the cage and wheel (1.5"), so animals can not get stuck back there and the wheel does not droop.
4. Was designed as lightweight as possible (2Lb 10.5oz). We have the lightest wheel on the market. This is important as some wheels are too heavy and break cage welds.
5. Our design is built with strength and stability. TWO metal plates brace to the pan and a THIRD plate is used for mounting and spreading the weight on the cage wire. This is very important, so there is no lag and your wheel does not droop. That can cause your pet to fall off the wheel while running.
6. Our bearing mechanism does NOT require any additional tightening or loosening of bolts. Your wheel comes fully assembled and ready to go. Your wheel is free spinning from the get go. Free spinning is what any pet would need to not injure themselves and to run properly and naturally.
7. Our bearing system is what makes our wheel truly SILENT. We only use Top of the Line ABEC-7 bearings, which are whisper silent and FREE SPINNING. These bearings are meant for high speed/High RPM applications, so they will last years.
8. You will not need to buy additional bearings for this wheel, it is completely MAINTENANCE FREE.
In our Wheel design, we only use the BEST components, no matter the cost. We do not cut any corners, when it comes to the safety of your pets. Every wheel is handmade in house with precision drilling and assembly. Each and every order gets the care and attention to detail it deserves.
Every wheel comes with a special treats for your furbaby! :D <3
If you have any questions, just shoot us a message! We LOVE getting to meet all our wonderful new customers! :D
-All of our wheels are cage mount ONLY. They all have the same bearing mechanism. The only difference is the pans:
-16"x 3.8" Galvanized: This is the wheel in the listing. It is the more affordable option, recommended for chinchillas and prairie dogs.
-14"x 4" Aluminum: High strength aluminum alloy. Better tier pan. This is the smallest possible diameter we would recommend for a smaller chinchilla. This size if good for rats and degus, as well. If you have any questions about which size is best for your specific animal and their size, please feel free to message us. We are happy to help!
-12"x 4" Aluminum: High strength aluminum alloy. Better tier pan. Recommended for hedgehogs, small degus, mice, smaller rats.
-12"x 3" Aluminum: High strength aluminum alloy. Better tier pan. The only difference in this pan and the 12"x 4" is this running surface is 3".
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR WHEEL:
We DO recommend that your wheel is placed on the shorter side of your cage, since that will hold the most stability. :)
We also recommend for chinchillas, that dust baths are done outside the cage to extend the life of your wheel (bearing). Make sure dust baths in the cage are not done directly above the wheel.
Please be aware that if you are putting the wheel on a bottom floor, where they can pee down on it, an easy solution would be to put a ledge above the mechanism. Animals constantly peeing onto the bearing could cause it to gunk up and start to make noise. Check out our Metal ledges if you need one added to your order. We can combine shipping for you and make a bundle deal! <3
You can wipe down the metal with a damp cloth. Do not submerge the wheel in water. :)
HOW TO ASSEMBLE YOUR NEW WHEEL:
VERY SIMPLE! :D Just butt the mechanism up to the cage wall, insert the included hardware through the holes and secure with the washers and wingnuts on the other side. Bam, all done!
We also found a GREAT solution to those flimsier cages. If you take a solid piece of wood or metal and place it the width of the cage (from corner to corner) that will help stabilize your wheel! We can always make one for you, as well! :)
*AS SEEN ON: https://exoticanimalsupplies.com/chinchilla-wheel-for-exercise*
© 2017-2019 PET REVOLUTION® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
My chinchilla Dash chewed through so many wheels in the past and would break them. Finally I have found the perfect wheel that is just right for him. Love the size. It has plenty of room so he does not fall off. Highly recommend if your chinchilla is an extensive chewer too.
Great friendly communication and service and a high quality running wheel that Ozzy the squirrel loves .It took him one day to get his timing down so he could Gallup now he's working on high speed
Good communication, the extra goodies were a nice touch, but unfortunately my pet couldn't be less interested in the wheel itself, and the mounting could have used a backing plate to secure it to the cage better than the discs provided. I also dislike the outer rim on the wheel and feel it's unnecessary. It adds extra inches to the footprint and serves no purpose. Otherwise great product for the price and great company and excellent customer service.
Scooter loves his new wheel! He’s such a smart squirrel and figured out how to use it in 3 days.
I mounted the wheel onto the shorter side wall of his Critter Nation Cage, which was a helpful tip from another review.
I found that it was best to line up the mounting screws in a diamond pattern instead of being horizontal to the bars.
The wheel is quiet, but we can hear the sound of his nails as he’s running.
It’s actually heartwarming to hear.
Especially since I was afraid that this purchase might end up being a waste of money. I hadn’t seen any other reviews by anyone buying it for a squirrel. I’m so happy that I took the risk.
Scooter wanted me to be sure to say thank you for the super cute bag of yummy treats! Thank you so much! That was so generous and very thoughtful.
My husband also mentioned that the wheel is very good quality and is well worth the price we paid. Scooter and I agree.
I’m looking forward to doing business with you again.
I used to have one of those smaller 12 inch wheels for my chester ( not only was it hurting his back, but it was also plastic ! which is super bad ) for new owners who are wondering if they should get a bigger wheel for their chinnie, THIS IS THAT SIGN. My chinchilla absolutely ADORES this metal wheel and it's very silent when he decides to go zoomies. The customer service at this small business is excellent.
And I really love the owners for the amount of care they put into their packaging in order to ensure there's no damage made to products inside. They were so thoughtful that they even included w treat bag for my chinnie :D
(if you're worried abt the set up for the exercise wheel it comes with instructions and the means to bind it to the cage)
10/10 will purchase from this business again